Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Outline from Student Interviews

Outline for SACI student interviews:
* Remember that we want the student to START with the point, not act as though they are answering a question, because we will not hear the voice of the interviewer. Variations of the start of the answers are encouraged!
-------------------------------------------------------

What is unique about SACI / Why this vs. other programs
• “What I like most about SACI is…
• “I chose SACI because…
• “SACI is different than other Study Abroad programs in Florence because…


Life in Florence
“Florence is a city. There is/are….
• Living in the city’s historic center is unique because...
• The thing that surprised me most about living in Florence was...
• “Living in Florence is so different than my hometown __________. For example…


Location
• “SACI’s central location is ideal…
• “Although there are a few campus buildings, they are all within close walking distance…


SACI HOUSING / Living Experience:
• “We live together with other SACI students right in the center of Florence…”
• 'The SACI apartments are really nice. I especially like that... " (talk about the way they are introduced to other SACI students, or talk about the actual apartment and how its welcoming, etc.)


Diverse courses
• “SACI has a large variety of courses. I never thought I could study….. in Italy!


Studio Art courses
• “The studio art courses are unique because…
• “I was surprised by the number of fine art course options…like…


Art History courses
• “Studying Art History here in Florence is great because…
• “The Art History courses are unique at SACI because… (not only Renaissance, field trips, etc.)


Academic courses
• “Even academic courses are special…
• “I’m not an artist, but I still chose SACI because…
• The thing I learned at SACI that I never expected to learn is...


Class outside the classroom / FIELDTRIPS:
• “When you study at SACI, you study Florence. You get out of the classroom…
• “We see more than just Florence…SACI takes you on a number of fieldtrips in and out of Tuscany…


Facilities
• “SACI is a small art school, but has excellent facilities. For example…
• “Having facilities around the city is helpful because...
• 'When I was first saw the studio spaces at SACI, I felt..." (more for painters. Grads, etc, to talk about how they are given space that is theirs to use for the entire semester, year, etc)
• “I’m a _________ major, and the facilities for __________ have been more than adequate / great…


Traditional AND contemporary tools in studio course
• “The options for making art here are diverse. They’ve got everything from fresco painting to digital multimedia! I’ve taken ...
• “Although we’re in Florence, faculty at SACI encouraged me to find my own style. You can work with a huge variety of media and styles…


Diverse / Knowledgeable faculty & Staff
• “SACI faculty are from all over the world…
• 'The instructor's have been... '
• 'The people I've met at SACI have been... '
• “The SACI staff are extremely helpful…


Volunteer Experience
• “At SACI I was able volunteer as…
• “I’ve been able to work on Conservation of…
• “At SACI I’ve been able to work with a group of students making artwork for a hospital…
• “At SACI I’ve been able to give back to the city! I’ve worked on…


Favorite thing / best experience
• “My favorite thing about SACI is…
• “My favorite class is…
• “The best thing that happened to me at SACI is…
• “The coolest thing I learned at SACI is…


Life Changing Experience
• 'My first feeling when I arrived to Florence was....'
• “Since coming to SACI I have changed / grown (as an artist / person)…
• Before I left, I was nervous about…. But, after a short while…


How relates back to US experience / College
• “Studying at SACI will…
• “Studying here at SACI is different because…

No comments:

Post a Comment